The architectural style follows the local tradition, entirely built using local stone over a period of more than one century with continuous additions.
The older part of the house consists of a single doorway, a vaulted entrance leading to the internal courtyard and the main 2-storey building with covered verandas on both floors, arranged in a U-shape at the rear of the yard. The arches of the iliakos (courtyard covered veranda) and of the two main living rooms are the most distinctive features of the older part of the house. The original cellar is at the back of the main arched room, which was added later, along with several ground floor flat roofed rooms. The upper floor built in 1887 covers a smaller area than the ground floor. An external stair leads from the courtyard to a veranda and to the rooms upstairs.
The newest part of the house comprises a two level wing built in 1918 above the entrance with a balcony overlooking the street. Another staircase leads from the courtyard to these upper rooms.
The property comprises a large courtyard opening to a main house, several auxiliary rooms and a second building as follows:
Vaulted entrance [42m2] with two traditional wood ovens and 5 antique clay wine 'pitharia' leading to courtyard [70m2] opening onto workshop [fuel furnace, water pump, water heater, water softener], bedroom 23m2 with en-suite shower room and WC, and old wine press room [30m2] that makes a great office.
On the main building ground floor: Living room [62m2] with wood burning fireplace, cellar [30m2] with 17 antique wine 'pitharia' [dated 1746 to 1800's]. Kitchen, laundry room/storage rooms [two levels], covered terrace onto courtyard.
First floor main building: Master bedroom [arched, 43m2] and en-suite bathroom [17.5m2] bathtub, shower, WC., 4 verandas all around the building of which one is covered overlooking the courtyard.
First floor of second building: Two bedrooms [18m2 and 15m2] with en-suite shower room and WC.
Second floor of second building: Terrace overlooking village and views towards the sea.
Distances to: [all approx.]
Nearest School: walking distance - in the village
Larnaca Centre: 38 kms
Restaurant: walking distance - in the village
Shopping districts: Limassol or Larnaca, several food shops in the village and supermarket in Skarinou (10’ drive)
Church: in Village
Green area (Parks/Woodland etc): all around the village
Medical Centre: in Village with 2 doctors
Features or Details:
3 Balconies and 4 terraces
Large Courtyard with potted plants, trees (100 yrs old lemon tree)
White Goods included
A/C unit in master bedroom
Satellite TV and broadband Internet available
Central heating (3 zones, ground floor, master bedroom and guests suite)
Water softening system throughout
Originally built around 1720 - newest part added in the 1920's
Fully restored under supervision of Antiquities dept. 2000-2003
Furniture is not included in the price, if desired this could be negotiated separately
Total Built Floor Area: 493m2
Plot size: 350m2
Title Deeds Available
Asking Price € 595,000
*More photos available on request